Tesco Bank 2017 Pet Roadshows: 1440 miles, six Tesco stores and one massive celebration of pets
10 May 2017 By David McCreadie
We know how important our customers’ pets are to them which is why this year, we were delighted to be the headline sponsor of National Pet Month.
As part of our commitment to this nationwide celebration of pets, we held a series of roadshows across the country. At each of these, we offered customers the chance to:
- See vet led demonstrations on topics such as brushing your pet’s teeth;
- Ask the vet questions about their own pet;
- Pick up a free goody bag for their cat or dog;
- Meet the dogs from local animal rescue centres and understand a bit more about adoption.
This is the first time that we have done a series of Pet Roadshows, and it has been great to see so many customers coming along to take part and local charities getting involved. What’s clear to see is that as a nation, we love our pets!
Owning a pet is extremely rewarding, but at times it can also be challenging. We hope that through our roadshows, we helped customers celebrate the love they have for their pets, whilst enabling them to get valuable information and advice from trained veterinary professionals.
I was delighted to be able to attend the Edinburgh roadshow and picked up some great pet care tips from celebrity vet Marc Abraham.
A big thank you to everyone who was involved with our roadshows including:
- The Mayhew Animal Centre, London
- Gables Farm Rescue Centre, Plymouth
- Friends of the Dogs, Cardiff
- ProPups Training, Cardiff
- The Assisi Animal Sanctuary, N.Ireland
- Glen-Craig Training, Belfast
- The Newcastle Dog and Cat Shelter, Newcastle
- Wag N Wheel Newfoundlands, Newcastle
- The Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home, Edinburgh
- PetLifeBalance, Edinburgh
- Marc the Vet - Marc Abraham
For more information on National Pet Month, you can visit www.nationalpetmonth.org or for information about the range of pet insurance cover levels that we offer, please visit www.tescobank.com/pet-insurance
To view our infographic in full, please click here.