23 August, 2019
Tesco Bank appoints Sigga Sigurdardottir as Chief Customer Officer
Tesco Bank has announced the appointment of Sigga Sigurdardottir as its new Chief Customer Officer. Sigga has worked in the financial services industry for 18 years and will begin her role on Monday 4 November.
Sigga joins from Santander UK, where she led digital and cultural change at the bank in her role as Chief Customer and Innovation Officer.
Sigga has tremendous experience in driving customer-led transformation in Fortune 500 companies across the world. Prior to Santander UK, she spent 14 years at American Express, working in four different continents as she led digital transformation and change across the business.
Throughout her career in financial services, Sigga has also been a pioneer in partnering with the start-up, digital and fintech communities to deliver customer-centric banking solutions. Most recently, she was responsible for the development and launch of Asto, a Santander Fintech business, providing innovative cash-flow solutions to Small Businesses.
Welcoming the appointment, Gerry Mallon, Chief Executive of Tesco Bank, said:
“I am delighted that Sigga is joining us as Chief Customer Officer. With an excellent reputation for driving digital transformation and a true focus on customer centricity, I know that Sigga’s passion and leadership will bring huge value to our team .”
Sigga Sigurdardottir, Tesco Bank’s Chief Customer Officer, said:
“Tesco Bank has a truly unique offering for millions of Tesco customers, so I am thrilled to be joining at this exciting time for the business and playing my part in developing our customer offering to deliver not only outstanding value but also exceptional customer experiences.”
- Chief Customer and Innovation Officer & CEO Asto Digital Ltd, Santander UK, 2015 – 2019
- GM/ Vice President, various roles, American Express, 2001 - 2015
- Head of Marketing and Business Development, Independent Media, 1993-1998
- Sigga holds a doctorate in leadership and innovation from Manchester Business School, an MBA from IESE Business School as well as a BS degree in Marketing from the University of South Carolina.
- Sigga has served on numerous industry bodies, including City UK Fintech Delivery Panel, the Financial Services Trade and Investment Board Fintech Senior Steering Committee, and the Business in the Community Race Equality Board.
- A strong advocate of diversity and inclusion, Sigga has previously been named on the top 50 Customer Experience Professionals by Marketing Week, ranked #4 on the Empower Ethnic Minority Advocates as well as recognised by FT & HERoes as one of top 100 Champions for Women in Business in 2018.
- Originally from Iceland, Sigga is married and has two children.
For more information and media enquiries please contact:
Tesco Bank press office
+44 (0) 131 274 3630
+44 (0)7595 441 036
Tesco Bank’s goal is to make banking and insurance easier and better value for people who shop at Tesco. We’ve been around since 1997 and today we help more than 5 million customers every day with a broad range of services from insuring their pets to buying their first home. Our 4,000 colleagues serve our customers seven days a week from our three main centres in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle, and we are also available through online and mobile banking 24/7. Tesco Bank participates in the Chartered Banker Professional Standards Board.
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC173199. Registered Office: 2 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FQ. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Gift Cards are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. www.tescobank.com.
Stay updated with our press releases by registering for our RSS feed or email alerts.
For journalist enquiries only, contact the Tesco Bank Press Office on:
+44 (0)131 274 3630
+44 (0)7595 441 036