Tesco has set ambitious targets to reduce its impact on the environment and at Tesco Bank we are committed to helping achieve this.
- We’ve introduced a ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme – so more people can replace carbon power with pedal power!
- We have achieved the ‘intermediate’ level for the sustainability from the Royal Mail for sustainable direct mail.
- All of our offices are built to high environmental standards, using features such as automatic lighting which senses when areas of the building are unoccupied and switches off, energy efficient thermal insulation and making the most of natural light.
- All of our waste is recycled, composted or incinerated for energy, ensuring that virtually nothing goes to landfill.
- Use of printing paper is being kept to a minimum as all printers are defaulted to black and white, double-sided printing, with initiatives to encourage staff to print only what is essential. We also use a more environmentally-friendly font, which requires less ink to print.
- Conference calls and increase in video conferencing facilities have given us greater opportunities to reduce travel.